What is cardiovascular endurance?

Cardiovascular endurance is the ability to exercise without becoming overly tired because your heart, lungs and blood vessels are healthy. Exercise examples include walking, jogging, cycling, dancing, running and bike riding. Distance swimming is also a good cardiovascular endurance exercise.
Great question. Cardiovascular endurance is how efficiently your heart, blood vessels, and lungs to supply oxygen rich blood to working muscles during physical activity (aerobic activity like walking, running, cycling or playing a sport) for a prolonged period of time or for more than 90 seconds. At rest, your heart and lungs work more efficiently which can lead to a healthier, longer life. I hope this helps and have fun staying fit!

It is the ability to sustain large muscle movement over an extended period of time and the ability of the cardiovascular system to deliver oxygen for energy. If you improve the capacity of the muscles to extract oxygen from the bloodstream to produce energy, you improve your cardiovascular endurance.
Howard Sichel
Physical Therapy
CV endurance consists of maintaining an increased heart and breathing rate for an extended period of time. This can be accomplished many ways. The activity i like to do that will accomplish all aspects of proper exercise inclding CV benefits is cross training where i am doin all different exercise within an hour that will improve strength, stretch, and stamina. Samina is the CV component we all need to address.

Cardiovascular endurance consists of maintaining an increased heart rate and breathing rate for a longer period of time. Cardiovascular endurance can be accomplished through consistent exercise performed for prolonged periods of time. Cardiovascular exercise improves your body's ability to bring oxygen from the environment, into the lungs, and diffused into the bloodstream. With an increase flow of oxygen to cells in the body will help them work to their capacity. In addition, cardiovascular exercise helps the heart become bigger and stronger (it is a muscle), allowing more blood to be pumped out with each beat. If more blood is pumped out with each beat, the heart does not have to beat as fast or work as hard.

Continue Learning about Exercise For Increasing Cardiovascular Endurance

Should I do cardio if I am trying to increase muscle size?
Chris Embry Chris Embry
While cardiovascular exercise can be reduced if you are trying to gain muscle, it is important to ke...
Is there a point where cardio exercise can hurt me?
Yes, when you do so much of it as you get injured, tear a muscle, destroy a joint, or anything in th...
Is it better to use more reps to increase my cardiovascular endurance?
Cardiovascular endurance is best improved by performing continuous cardio exercise for an extended p...
What else besides running can I do to increase my cardiovascular endurance
Cardioresiratory activities include any type of activity that involves and places demand on the card...