What is cardiovascular endurance?

Cardiovascular endurance is the ability to exercise without becoming overly tired because your heart, lungs and blood vessels are healthy. Exercise examples include walking, jogging, cycling, dancing, running and bike riding. Distance swimming is also a good cardiovascular endurance exercise.
Great question. Cardiovascular endurance is how efficiently your heart, blood vessels, and lungs to supply oxygen rich blood to working muscles during physical activity (aerobic activity like walking, running, cycling or playing a sport) for a prolonged period of time or for more than 90 seconds. At rest, your heart and lungs work more efficiently which can lead to a healthier, longer life. I hope this helps and have fun staying fit!

It is the ability to sustain large muscle movement over an extended period of time and the ability of the cardiovascular system to deliver oxygen for energy. If you improve the capacity of the muscles to extract oxygen from the bloodstream to produce energy, you improve your cardiovascular endurance.
Howard Sichel
Physical Therapy
CV endurance consists of maintaining an increased heart and breathing rate for an extended period of time. This can be accomplished many ways. The activity i like to do that will accomplish all aspects of proper exercise inclding CV benefits is cross training where i am doin all different exercise within an hour that will improve strength, stretch, and stamina. Samina is the CV component we all need to address.

Cardiovascular endurance consists of maintaining an increased heart rate and breathing rate for a longer period of time. Cardiovascular endurance can be accomplished through consistent exercise performed for prolonged periods of time. Cardiovascular exercise improves your body's ability to bring oxygen from the environment, into the lungs, and diffused into the bloodstream. With an increase flow of oxygen to cells in the body will help them work to their capacity. In addition, cardiovascular exercise helps the heart become bigger and stronger (it is a muscle), allowing more blood to be pumped out with each beat. If more blood is pumped out with each beat, the heart does not have to beat as fast or work as hard.

Continue Learning about Exercise For Increasing Cardiovascular Endurance

What exercises are good for runners?
Chippenham Hospital - HCA VirginiaChippenham Hospital - HCA Virginia
There are exercises all runners should complete, and can be done at home in just a few minutes each ...
Where should my heart rate be when I do cardio training?
Whether you’re peddling away on the exercise bike or striding along on the treadmill, it’s important...
How long should I run to increase my cardiovascular endurance?
Larry Husted Larry Husted
It depends on how long you need endurance for. The length of running time and/or distance would diff...
Will sprinting increase my cardiovascular endurance?
Anka Ivanisevic, NASM Elite TrainerAnka Ivanisevic, NASM Elite Trainer
Yes. Although, you will need to develop a cardio base first with low intensity cardio training. Once...