What is the right combination of drugs to treat seizures?

Successful treatment of seizures is based on the correct diagnosis of the epilepsy syndrome. Treatments are available that can successfully prevent seizures for most people with epilepsy. Each medicine tends to work better for certain kinds of seizures than for others. If one treatment fails, another may be more successful. Sometimes more than one medication is necessary. In order to be on the right combination of anti-seizure medications, it is best to consult with a neurologist who specializes in epilepsy. The website below lists the majority of medications now available in the US for treatment of epilepsy. http://www.epilepsy.com/EPILEPSY/seizure_medicines

Continue Learning about Epilepsy & Seizures Treatment

What to Do When You See a Seizure
What to Do When You See a Seizure
What do actor Danny Glover, President Theodore Roosevelt and singer Neil Young have in common? All of them have had epilepsy at one point in their liv...
Are there alternative treatments for seizure disorders?
Researchers have looked into alternative treatments for seizure disorders, also known as epilepsy, a...
Do I need surgery if I have epilepsy?
Brigham and Women's HospitalBrigham and Women's Hospital
The majority of people with epilepsy do not need to have surgery. In most cases, seizures can be...
How is epilepsy (seizure disorder) treated?
Dr. Irene A. Semenov, DODr. Irene A. Semenov, DO
Epilepsy can be treated both medically and surgically. Many drugs have been developed for treatment ...