What are my chances of getting pregnant if I have endometriosis?

Some women with endometriosis have no difficulty getting pregnant and have no adverse effects at all, while others have more difficulty getting pregnant. Endometriosis is a condition where the tissue that lines the uterus and bleeds every month with menses is in abnormal places, such as the ovaries or intestines. If severe, or a lot of scar tissue forms, this can create some difficulty when trying to become pregnant.
You can get pregnant if you have endometriosis. The majority of women who have endometriosis are fertile, and there are many who have the disease and go on to have children. However, the likelihood of infertility does increase in women with endometriosis of all stages.

This content originally appeared on HealthyWomen.org.

Continue Learning about Endometriosis

The Stages of Endometriosis
The Stages of Endometriosis
The uterus, also called the womb, is a pear-shaped female reproductive organ located between the bladder and rectum. The uterus is hollow, muscular, a...
What are the treatment options for endometriosis?
Good Samaritan HospitalGood Samaritan Hospital
Endometriosis treatment starts with surgery and a biopsy to definitively diagnose the condition.
Why do women and their doctors often miscommunicate about endometriosis?
Women and their doctors or other health care professionals (HCPs) often miscommunicate about endomet...
Tia Mowry Opens Up About Her Endometriosis