What are my chances of getting pregnant if I have endometriosis?

Some women with endometriosis have no difficulty getting pregnant and have no adverse effects at all, while others have more difficulty getting pregnant. Endometriosis is a condition where the tissue that lines the uterus and bleeds every month with menses is in abnormal places, such as the ovaries or intestines. If severe, or a lot of scar tissue forms, this can create some difficulty when trying to become pregnant.
You can get pregnant if you have endometriosis. The majority of women who have endometriosis are fertile, and there are many who have the disease and go on to have children. However, the likelihood of infertility does increase in women with endometriosis of all stages.

This content originally appeared on HealthyWomen.org.

Continue Learning about Endometriosis

Endometriosis

Are you one of seven million women in the United States with endometriosis? If so, you may also be struggling with infertility. Endometriosis is a female reproductive disorder characterized by pelvic pain, inflammation and vaginal ...

bleeding. This painful condition can affect any female of menstruating age, although it is more likely to run in families. If you experience abnormal bleeding or pelvic pain, talk to your doctor. While there is no known cause, and no known cure for endometriosis, treatments do exist, including medications and surgery to reduce symptoms and restore fertility.