What are my chances of getting pregnant if I have endometriosis?

You can get pregnant if you have endometriosis. The majority of women who have endometriosis are fertile, and there are many who have the disease and go on to have children. However, the likelihood of infertility does increase in women with endometriosis of all stages.

This content originally appeared on HealthyWomen.org.
Some women with endometriosis have no difficulty getting pregnant and have no adverse effects at all, while others have more difficulty getting pregnant. Endometriosis is a condition where the tissue that lines the uterus and bleeds every month with menses is in abnormal places, such as the ovaries or intestines. If severe, or a lot of scar tissue forms, this can create some difficulty when trying to become pregnant.

Continue Learning about Endometriosis

An Interactive Journey Into Endometriosis
The Stages of Endometriosis
The Stages of Endometriosis
The uterus, also called the womb, is a pear-shaped female reproductive organ located between the bladder and rectum. The uterus is hollow, muscular, a...
How Can I Manage the Pain from Endometriosis?
Is There a Common Age for the Onset of Endometriosis?