Who suffers from eczema?

Eczema most commonly affects infants and small children; according to the National Eczema Association, it's estimated that about 90 percent of all eczema patients are diagnosed before they're 5 years old. Some outgrow the disease, but it can persist into childhood and beyond, sometimes even cropping up unexpectedly in adults for the first time.

Continue Learning about Eczema

Diet and Exercise for Atopic Dermatitis
Diet and Exercise for Atopic Dermatitis
For people with atopic dermatitis, a type of eczema, eating a healthy diet and getting regular exercise may help prevent flare-ups, plus are an import...
If I have eczema, when should I moisturize?
Patricia Farris, MDPatricia Farris, MD
Patients with eczema have extremely dry skin that is worse during the cold months and aggravated by ...
6 Ways to Prevent Eczema Flare-Ups This Winter
6 Ways to Prevent Eczema Flare-Ups This Winter6 Ways to Prevent Eczema Flare-Ups This Winter6 Ways to Prevent Eczema Flare-Ups This Winter6 Ways to Prevent Eczema Flare-Ups This Winter
Temperature changes can make eczema worse. Here's how to avoid breakouts.
Tips to Manage Your Child's Eczema
Tips to Manage Your Child's Eczema