Does discoid eczema affect children or infants?

Dr. Mehmet Oz, MD
Cardiology (Cardiovascular Disease)
It is unusual for children or infants to develop discoid eczema. This condition -- also called nummular dermatitis -- produces round or oval sores on the skin. A skin sore or rash caused by discoid eczema may itch or burn. Discoid eczema is most common in men over age 55. Women also may develop discoid eczema, although usually at a younger age. Discoid eczema should be evaluated and treated by a dermatologist.

Continue Learning about Eczema

Important: This content reflects information from various individuals and organizations and may offer alternative or opposing points of view. It should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. As always, you should consult with your healthcare provider about your specific health needs.