What are ways to stop sinus drainage?

Garrett H. Bennett, MD
Ear, Nose & Throat (Otolaryngology)
A healthy sinus actually drains 1-2 liters of mucus per day! The problem  comes when the drainage is blocked by swelling of the nasal lining or there is an increase in mucus production from a common cold or nasal allergies. A sinus infection and nasal polyps can also cause excessive nasal drainage. Each of these conditions is treated differently. To makes things more complicated, many times we perceive acid reflux as post-nasal drip. If your own management of sinus drainage is not working, consider visiting your otolaryngologist for a complete nose and throat evaluation.

Continue Learning about Ear, Nose and Throat

Eight Ways to Save Your Hearing
Eight Ways to Save Your Hearing
Can’t hear the TV, a quiet conversation, or your best friend on the phone? You’re not alone. Up to 52% of adults over age 50 may have hearing loss -- ...
Blowing Up Ear Infections
Blowing Up Ear Infections
 The EU (European Union) stepped squarely into the party-pooper zone a few years ago by issuing a Toy Safety Directive declaring it was off limits for...
Where can I get a rapid test for strep throat?
CareNowCareNow
You can get a rapid strep test for strep throat at your primary care provider’s office. You can also...
What Can I Do to Treat Acid Reflux?
What Can I Do to Treat Acid Reflux?