Healthy Ears, Nose and Throat
Ear, nose and throat (ENT) problems can impact your life in many ways, affecting your hearing, sleep, breathing, and even your sense of balance. An otolaryngologist, also called a head and neck surgeon, treats these issues, as well as more serious problems like cancer.Learn more
What’s Causing Your
Take the Assessment
AskMDGot a sore throat? Find out more about your symptoms
The percentage of kids who have an ear
infection by age 3
Honor Society of Nursing (STTI)
Ear, Nose and Throat Q&As
David Vernick, MD
Harvard Health Publications
What is tinnitus?
Many people with hearing loss also have tinnitus, commonly known as ringing in the ear. This phrase is misleading, however, because some people hear ringing while others hear whistles or buzzing or almost any described sounds…
- Q What are nasal polyps?
- Q How are polyps of the nose and sinuses treated?
- Q What is a pediatric ENT?
- Q What are the different parts of the throat?
- Q What is rhinology?
- Q What causes protruding ears?
- Q What kinds of cancer does an otolaryngologist treat?
- Q How do nasal polyps affect the sinuses?
- Q Can facial plastic surgery be combined with other cosmetic surgeries?
- Q How can I relieve stuffiness when flying?
Recent Ear, Nose and Throat Articles
Sound Advice for Aging Ears Sinusitis Is Nothing to Sniff At Eight Ways to Save Your Hearing Can Coffee Quiet Tinnitus? See All Articles