Are red seedless grapes okay for people with diabetes?

Yes! Grapes contain carbohydrate, as all fruits do, and carbs raise blood sugar, but the red skins on grapes have other great heart-healthy benefits, just like red wine does. Just be sure you watch portion size and test your blood sugar after eating. Also, combine them with a protein food like cheese to help moderate the impact on your blood glucose levels.

Continue Learning about Diabetes

Got Diabetes? 3 Ways to Protect Your Eyes
People with diabetes are at greater risk for retinopathy because of persistent high blood sugar levels. In this video, Robin Miller, M.D. offers criti...
How should I prepare for an emergency if I have diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Everyone is now advised to have a plan in place in the case of an emergency, and people with diabete...
How to Get the Best Possible Care for Your Diabetes
How to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your Diabetes
The right backup can help you live well and worry less about complications.
What Lifestyle Changes Should I Make If I Have Diabetes?