What is a dermatologist-tested or -approved skin care product?

Dr. Ellen Marmur, MD
Dermatology

A dermatologist tested the product in some way. One doctor, somewhere, used it (even if he or she didn't necessarily like it). It does not mean there was a clinical trial or that a group of dermatologists endorse it. When an advertisement states that "9 out of 10 dermatologists recommend" something, that's what it's based on.

Simple Skin Beauty: Every Woman's Guide to a Lifetime of Healthy, Gorgeous Skin

What if a leading dermatologist just happened to be your best friend and you could ask her anything? DR. ELLEN MARMUR, a world-renowned New York City dermatologist, answers all your questions with...

Continue Learning about Daily Skin Care

Help! My Skin Won’t Stop Itching
Help! My Skin Won’t Stop Itching
In The Simpsons’ cartoon, “Itchy & Scratchy,” Itchy, the blue mouse (Dan Castellaneta) repeatedly kills Scratchy, the black cat (Harry Shearer). It’s ...
What Harmful Ingredients in Skin Lightening Products Should I Be Aware of?
What Are Some Remedies for Aging Skin?
What Are Some Remedies for Aging Skin?
What Foods Are Nutritious for My Skin?
What Foods Are Nutritious for My Skin?