How can weight gain increase my appetite?

Chris Embry
Fitness
An increase in muscle mass can lead to both weight gained on the scale as well as a larger appetite. Muscle tissue is metabolically active and requires additional calories to sustain it. This is why it is helpful to weight train and build muscle when you want to lose body fat. Your metabolism will speed up and your body will burn more calories, even when you are not active. This will allow you to eat more and still lose fat. Your body knows that it needs more calories to fuel the additional muscle and will stimulate your appetite so you can adequately supply it with what it needs.

Continue Learning about Controlling Appetite

Curb Dieting Hunger with This Trick
Curb Dieting Hunger with This Trick
Nothing derails a new diet more quickly than constant, nagging feed-me pangs. But a new study presents a neat trick for turning the volume way down on...
Curb the Munchies with This Water-Filled Food
There's a way to avoid plowing through the whole table of chips and dips at the barbecue this weekend. Choose water-filled fruit for your first nibbl...
Where the Wild Cravings Are
Where the Wild Cravings Are
That supersize bag of chips and gallon of caramel-swirl ice cream didn't just jump into your grocery cart. So what happened? There may actually be a ...
Is Overeating Caused By Lack of Willpower?