Chronic bronchitis is not contagious. The condition is usually caused by smoking and other airborne environmental hazards that cause damage to your bronchial tubes that accumulates over time. However, you are less likely to develop chronic or acute bronchitis if you stay healthy and take good care of your respiratory system, so avoiding contagious illnesses like the common cold or the flu can help guard you against this kind of chronic illness.
- Q How should I treat a dry cough?
- Q Does chronic bronchitis affect men and women differently?
- Q What are different types of coughs?
- Q When should I go to the emergency room for a cough?
- Q What is chronic bronchitis?
- Q Does homeopathy help treat respiratory ailments?