Chronic bronchitis is not contagious. The condition is usually caused by smoking and other airborne environmental hazards that cause damage to your bronchial tubes that accumulates over time. However, you are less likely to develop chronic or acute bronchitis if you stay healthy and take good care of your respiratory system, so avoiding contagious illnesses like the common cold or the flu can help guard you against this kind of chronic illness.
- Q What are different types of coughs?
- Q How do other illnesses affect chronic bronchitis?
- Q What lifestyle habits have the most effects on lungs?
- Q How is aspirin-exacerbated respiratory disease (AERD) treated?
- Q What sort of diet can help protect against lung disease?
- Q What is a pulmonologist?