If I do cardio at a higher heart rate than 150 bpm, will I burn muscle?

The chances of you burning muscle at 150bpm are slim to none. In order for muscle wasting to occur, you must undergo extremely long bouts of exercise under malnourishment, and at elevated stress levels. Before muscle starts to waste, the body must no longer have other viable sources of fuel (ie glycogen, fatty acids, amino acids).

Continue Learning about Cardiovascular Training

Does Slow Exercise Burn More Fat?
Does Slow Exercise Burn More Fat?
You'll find it on virtually every cardio machine at the gym: instructions on how to hit your fat-burning zone. Essentially, it means you get to work o...
What is the best cardio exercise?
Todd Townes - Sharecare Fitness ExpertTodd Townes - Sharecare Fitness Expert
The best cardio exercise is any exercise that allows you to elevate you heart rate in to your target...
Will cardiovascular exercise increase my appetite?
HealthCorpsHealthCorps
A study in the journal Medicine & Science in Sports and Exercise suggests that when women viewed foo...
4 Steps to a Better Cardio Workout
4 Steps to a Better Cardio Workout