If I do cardio at a higher heart rate than 150 bpm, will I burn muscle?

The chances of you burning muscle at 150bpm are slim to none. In order for muscle wasting to occur, you must undergo extremely long bouts of exercise under malnourishment, and at elevated stress levels. Before muscle starts to waste, the body must no longer have other viable sources of fuel (ie glycogen, fatty acids, amino acids).

Continue Learning about Cardiovascular Training

The Truth About Fat Burning
The Truth About Fat Burning
You'll find it on virtually every cardio machine at the gym: instructions on how to hit your fat-burning zone. You get to work out slower (exercise to...
How much cardio exercise should I do?
St. David’s HealthCareSt. David’s HealthCare
You should do cardiovascular exercise most days of the week. Walking is the cheapest and easiest way...
What are FITT guidelines for cardiovascular aerobic exercise?
FITT stands for Frequency or how many times per week you are doing the exercise. I, stands for inten...
What Are the Benefits of Running?
What Are the Benefits of Running?