Aerobic exercise is any exercise that raises the heart rate and increases respiration (breathing). Some examples include walking, running, performing intervals on an elliptical machine, and a resistance training circuit that has little to no rest between exercises.
- Q How intense should my aerobic workouts be?
- Q What kinds of aerobic exercises can I perform?
- Q Are water aerobics as effective as walking?
- Q Why does aerobic exercise help lose weight?
- Q Can I do aerobics and strength training on the same day?
- Q Do 'cardio' exercises help your bones?