Aerobic exercise is any exercise that raises the heart rate and increases respiration (breathing). Some examples include walking, running, performing intervals on an elliptical machine, and a resistance training circuit that has little to no rest between exercises.
- Q What is vigorous-intensity aerobic activity?
- Q What should I know before I try aerobic dance?
- Q Can aerobic exercise increase the size of my brain?
- Q How does aerobic exercise affect the respiratory system?
- Q How much cardio exercise should I do if I have a sedentary lifestyle?
- Q Why is light aerobic exercise good for me?