Aerobic exercise is any exercise that raises the heart rate and increases respiration (breathing). Some examples include walking, running, performing intervals on an elliptical machine, and a resistance training circuit that has little to no rest between exercises.
- Q How does aerobic exercise help heart disease patients?
- Q How many calories do I burn per hour during aerobic exercise?
- Q What is nonaerobic exercise?
- Q What does aerobic mean?
- Q What happens to my body during hard aerobic exercise?
- Q How does aerobic exercise affect the respiratory system?