What are the scars with a breast lift?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
The scars will vary dependant upon the type of breast lift performed. A periareolar or crescent lift may lead to widespreading due to tension from above the areola. The vertical or wise pattern (anchor) scar may lead to keloids, hypertrophic, hyperpigmentation, or widespread scarring. For severe skin laxity, an anchor scar is required to remove skin both in the vertical and horizontal plane (along the fold). Remember the scarring is the TRADE OFF for a tighter and perkier breast. 

Continue Learning about Breast Lift

Why do I need a breast lift along with implants if I have saggy skin?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
If you have excess skin, and just have a breast augmentation without the breast lift; it will lead t...
Will breast lift surgery affect my ability to breast-feed?
Studies show that anywhere between five and fifteen percent of women will lose the ability to lactat...
What is a mastopexy?
A mastopexy is simply a "breast-lift." The three main types of mastopexies are: 1) periareolar lift ...
Who is a candidate for a breast lift?
Candidates for breast lifts usually include women who have a severe amount of sagginess to their bre...