What are the symptoms of papillary carcinoma?

Although papillary carcinoma symptoms may not be present, a routine mammogram may detect its development. For those who do experience symptoms related to this type of cancer, the following may be common:
  • Mass: Papillary carcinoma is most often detected as a cyst or lump of about 2-3 cm in size that can be felt with the hand during a breast self-exam.
  • Nipple discharge: About 50% of papillary carcinomas occur beneath the nipple, resulting in bloody nipple discharge.

Continue Learning about Breast Cancer Symptoms

Symptoms of Breast Cancer You Shouldn’t Ignore
Over 281,000 new cases of breast cancer are expected to be diagnosed in 2021. Aside from skin cancer, it is the most common form of cancer in the Unit...
When should I call a doctor if I find a lump in my breast?
Be sure to call your healthcare professional for an appointment if you find a lump in your breast th...
How can nutrition therapy help me manage the side effects of breast cancer?
Cancer Treatment Centers of America (CTCA)Cancer Treatment Centers of America (CTCA)
Some common ailments breast cancer patients experience include weight loss, weight gain, fatigue, na...
Is Hormone Therapy Effective for Breast Cancer?