Will You Get Breast Cancer?
Some women discover they have breast cancer because of a lump or other symptom. In others, breast cancer isn't detectable without mammograms, scans and more tests. Since breast cancer is curable when caught early enough, it's important to spot symptoms as quickly as possible.Take our breast cancer assessment
Breast Cancer in the U.S.
Breast Health Facts and MythsTest Your Smarts
What It's REALLY LikeRead one woman's journey with breast cancer
1 in 8
The number of women who will develop invasive breast cancer in their lifetime
Breast Cancer Q&As
American Cancer Society
What are the limitations of mammograms for detecting breast cancer?
A mammogram cannot prove that an abnormal area is cancer. To confirm whether cancer is present, a small amount of tissue must be removed and looked at under a microscope. This procedure is called a biopsy . . .
- Q When should a woman become pregnant after breast cancer?
- Q What should I be concerned about if I have a breast abnormality?
- Q How have celebrities affected people’s decisions to get breast surgery?
- Q How many people are diagnosed with breast cancer every year?
- Q What is the prevalence of breast cancer today?
- Q How long does it take for breast cancer to develop?
- Q Why is the number of women with breast cancer increasing?
- Q Can I have surgery to correct damage from a lumpectomy?
- Q Why does breast cancer sometimes spread to the underarm lymph nodes?
- Q How safe is breast-conserving surgery?
Recent Breast Cancer Articles
Are you worried about breast cancer risk? Have you been diagnosed with breast cancer? Take control of your health.
Know The Signs: Breast Cancer How Binge Drinking Increases Breast Cancer Risk for Young Women What You Need to Know About Having a Mastectomy Why Breast Cancer Survivors Should Practice Yoga See All Articles