Why do healthy people faint after exercising?

Fainting is caused when the brain is starved from blood or oxygen. During exercise as much as 80% of blood is shunted away from vital organs and directed to skeletal, thus reducing blood flow to the brain. Improper breathing, such as the valsalva maneuver, while performing exercise in the lying position can decrease blood flow to the brain, then upon standing the client faints. Heat exhaustion and significant blood pressure decreases are common during exercise, which may also cause fainting.

There are additional items such as medications and cardiovascular disorders, which may also cause fainting. If you or someone you know suffers from frequent fainting, it is advised to seek medical attention prior to engaging in physical activity again. There may be a significant underlying pathology.

Continue Learning about Brain and Nervous System

what are neuroinformatics ?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Neuroinformatics collects information available on the brain and places it on the Internet in a form...
where will the next "breakthroughs " occur in neurology ?
what has brain imaging and mapping of the brain taught us ?
what is a good seated stretch for my back ?