What could cause my collarbone to move?

If your collarbone moves, you may have a separated shoulder, an AC (acromioclavicular) joint sprain, a SC (sternoclavicular) joint sprain, or a broken collar bone. If your collarbone moves, you should see a healthcare provider to determine the exact cause.

(This answer provided for NATA by the Gustavus Adolphus College Athletic Training Education Program.)

Continue Learning about Bone & Joint Injuries

4 Proven Ways to Control Pain After Surgery
More than one million Americans undergo a total hip or total knee replacement each year.  Because both surgical procedures typically involve weeks of ...
If I have an injury is it better to use ice or heat?
It is better to use ice on an injury during the first 48 hours to help reduce swelling. After 48-72 ...
What assistive devices can help me after hip replacement surgery?
After hip replacement surgery, you may want to use a tool to help you reach items. Learn more from o...
Why is the knee joint so prone to injury?
The knee joint connects the two longest bones in the body, and is it at risk for injury due to the l...