How much lean body mass should I have?

Lean body mass (fat free mass) should make up the majority of your body weight.  Typically, the focus is on making sure you do not have too much fat mass.  Women should have less than 30% fat mass, so their lean body mass should make up at least 70% of their body weight.  Men should be less than 25% fat mass and have at least 75% lean body mass.

Continue Learning about Body Mass Index (BMI)

Is Your BMI a Lie?
Is Your BMI a Lie?
Body mass index (BMI), a simple ratio of height and weight, has become a shorthand way for doctors and insurance companies to determine if someone is ...
How can I reduce a high body mass index (BMI)?
Jeff Croswell , NASM Elite TrainerJeff Croswell , NASM Elite Trainer
Dropping your BMI is easy, all you have to do is drop weight.  Your BMI is based on your height and ...
What is BMI?
Marjorie Nolan CohnMarjorie Nolan Cohn
Overweight and obesity are both labels for ranges of weight that are greater than what is generally ...
What Does Body Mass Index (BMI) Determine?