Much of this will truly depend on the individual themselves. Whether tall or short, everyone burns calories differently. If you are highly active then your body may burn more calories as your metabolism is very active. If you are sedentary then you may not burn calories as fast as you may not be moving as fast. Taller individuals may be able to cover more ground in a shorter period of time with longer strides but shorter people may walk faster. Essentially, everyone is different and the best way to figure out how many calories you burn will be to purchase an items such as a bodybugg.
- Q Is it better to walk outside or on a treadmill?
- Q Is walking good exercise?
- Q How can walking help improve your connection to the community?
- Q How can walking help me manage my stress levels?
- Q Can walking reduce the risk of heart disease?
- Q What are the benefits of brisk walking?