Much of this will truly depend on the individual themselves. Whether tall or short, everyone burns calories differently. If you are highly active then your body may burn more calories as your metabolism is very active. If you are sedentary then you may not burn calories as fast as you may not be moving as fast. Taller individuals may be able to cover more ground in a shorter period of time with longer strides but shorter people may walk faster. Essentially, everyone is different and the best way to figure out how many calories you burn will be to purchase an items such as a bodybugg.
- Q Is walking a good exercise if I'm trying to lose weight?
- Q How can walking reduce the risk of cancer?
- Q Is walking a good exercise for preventing osteoarthritis?
- Q Does walking backward have benefits?
- Q Do I burn more calories by running or walking?
- Q Is it better to walk outside or on a treadmill?