Who burns more calories when walking, short people or tall people?

Much of this will truly depend on the individual themselves.  Whether tall or short, everyone burns calories differently.  If you are highly active then your body may burn more calories as your metabolism is very active.  If you are sedentary then you may not burn calories as fast as you may not be moving as fast.  Taller individuals may be able to cover more ground in a shorter period of time with longer strides but shorter people may walk faster.  Essentially, everyone is different and the best way to figure out how many calories you burn will be to purchase an items such as a bodybugg.

Dr. Robin Miller, MD

Tall and short people burn the same number of calories per step; however, short people take more steps. Watch this video to learn more from Dr. Robin Miller about burning calories.

Continue Learning about Benefits of Walking

From Mauka to Makai: 3 Secrets of Walking to Lose Weight
While the right eating plan is crucial to weight loss, consistent exercise may help you drop pounds and keep you in shape. And if you're not quite rea...
How can walking help me manage my stress levels?
SecondsCount.orgSecondsCount.org
Walking is a simple way to manage your stress levels. Evidence suggests that chronic stress contribu...
What are the benefits of walking?
Keri GansKeri Gans
Walking. What’s not to love? It can help slim your waistline; strengthen your heart, lungs, and ...
Walk This Morning to Sleep Better Tonight