What are the best upper body endurance exercises for a basketball player?

To build muscular endurance requires the muscles to work for an extended period of time. Exercises that can help you improve endurance in your upper body include performing aerobic exercises (such as rowing, swimming, or using an upper body arm bike) for extended periods of time usually between 20 to 60 minutes. Depending on your physical capabilities, you may need to start with 5 to 10 minutes of exercise and then progress to 20 to 30 minutes as you increase your endurance. If performing resistance training, any upper body exercise can help improve endurance. What becomes the biggest factor to enhance endurance is how the exercise is performed. Performing resistance exercises such as push ups or overhead presses using lower weight and higher repetitions (15-25) will help improve your upper body endurance.

Continue Learning about Basketball

As a basketball player, how can I assess my vertical jump height?
Vertical jump height is an important measure for basketball players. The double-leg vertical jum...
My basketball season just ended, what now?
Aaron Nelson Aaron Nelson
Give yourself some time to recover, both physically and mentally. This is the maintenance phase of y...
As a basketball player, will weight training slow me down?
Troy Taylor, NASM Elite TrainerTroy Taylor, NASM Elite Trainer
No, weight training when done correctly will give you increased strength and power as well as explos...
What is the most important aspect of a basketball center's conditioning?
Casey Smith Casey Smith
As an adjunct to the previous answer, a center's conditioning should be should be at a high level.  ...