How can I make a sweet potato mask for my skin?

Dr. Ellen Marmur, MD
Dermatology
Sweet potatoes are a brilliant source of so many good things. They are super high in vitamin A, which boosts collagen. They are a surprising source of minerals such as copper (providing you with up to a 50% daily value), which helps the formation of new collagen to reduce wrinkles. They are rich in selenium, and diminish the wrinkles. Boil the sweet potato (skin on) for 20-30 minutes; make a few cuts in the skin from end to end and then rub the skin off the sweet potato; mash with a fork or potato masher; stir in a quarter cup of full-fat plain yogurt; cool until comfortable to touch. The yogurt will exfoliate, calm and moisturize. Together, the sweet potato and yogurt will smooth and moisturize the skin, and the crow's feet will look better right away. This is safe to use on your hands and neck as well.

Continue Learning about At Home Skin Care Treatments

How can I treat clogged pores?
To make their skin look smooth and glowing on their wedding day, women in India use a special chickp...
How can I use kiwi to improve my skin?
To improve a tired appearance, try kiwis. Kiwi is loaded with vitamin K, which is know to reduce...
Supercharge Your Body for Spring, Pt 4
Supercharge Your Body for Spring, Pt 4
The Dangers of Skin-Lightening Creams
The Dangers of Skin-Lightening Creams