How can I make a sweet potato mask for my skin?

Dr. Ellen Marmur, MD
Dermatology
Sweet potatoes are a brilliant source of so many good things. They are super high in vitamin A, which boosts collagen. They are a surprising source of minerals such as copper (providing you with up to a 50% daily value), which helps the formation of new collagen to reduce wrinkles. They are rich in selenium, and diminish the wrinkles. Boil the sweet potato (skin on) for 20-30 minutes; make a few cuts in the skin from end to end and then rub the skin off the sweet potato; mash with a fork or potato masher; stir in a quarter cup of full-fat plain yogurt; cool until comfortable to touch. The yogurt will exfoliate, calm and moisturize. Together, the sweet potato and yogurt will smooth and moisturize the skin, and the crow's feet will look better right away. This is safe to use on your hands and neck as well.

Continue Learning about At Home Skin Care Treatments

At Home Skin Care Treatments

At Home Skin Care Treatments

Instead of getting skin care treatments at a spa, there are various exfoliators, moisturizers, face masks, toners and other do-it-yourself treatments that can be made at home. Whether you're fighting wrinkles or blemishes, there a...

re natural options you can make with ingredients from your kitchen. While at-home treatments can help you save money, make sure you're aware of potential side effects from any product or ingredient you use. Learn more about ways to make your own skin care treatments with expert advice from Sharecare.