What is ventricular fibrillation?

Ventricular fibrillation, or V-fib for short, is a condition in which the lower chambers of the heart, called the ventricles, do not contract or squeeze normally. Watch this animation to learn more about this condition.

Continue Learning about Arrhythmia

How is a cardiac arrhythmia diagnosed?
Piedmont Heart InstitutePiedmont Heart Institute
Arrhythmias can be hard to diagnose, especially the types that only cause symptoms every once in a w...
When should I call my doctor after an electrophysiology (EP) study?
Intermountain Registered DietitiansIntermountain Registered Dietitians
Call the doctor if you experience any of these: A fever over 101° F Redness, swelling, drainag...
What is sinus tachycardia?
Sinus tachycardia is a rapid heart rate with a normal rhythm, meaning that your heart continues to b...
6 Rules for People With an Irregular Heartbeat
6 Rules for People With an Irregular Heartbeat6 Rules for People With an Irregular Heartbeat6 Rules for People With an Irregular Heartbeat6 Rules for People With an Irregular Heartbeat
Sex, exercise and other activities may be completely safe for those with AFib. Atrial fibrillation (AFib) is a heart condition in which the heart pum...