How can I prevent cardiac arrhythmia?

There are many types of arrhythmias. Some are serious and life-threatening and some are benign. In most cases, treating your underlying heart disease will take care of the arrhythmias. Also, treating the hypertension, diabetes and cholesterol will take care of the arrhythmias. There are specific medications and procedures for treating specific arrhythmias.

Continue Learning about Arrhythmia

How does an arrhythmia affect my life?
HCA Midwest HealthHCA Midwest Health
A person can expect to live a normal life if the arrhythmia (abnormal rhythm) is properly treated. A...
What is the recovery like for surgery to treat cardiac rhythm disturbances?
CTSurgeryPatients.orgCTSurgeryPatients.org
After surgery to treat cardiac rhythm disturbances people can expect to be in the hospital for about...
What are supraventricular arrhythmias?
Supraventricular arrhythmias include the following: Atrial fibrillation (AFib) is the most commo...
How are cardiac arrhythmias treated?
Intermountain Registered DietitiansIntermountain Registered Dietitians
Medication is a common treatment for an unstable heart rhythm, but it isn’t always effective and is ...