What is Isolaz?

Dermatologists sometimes use lasers to treat acne, which does work well, but the treatment must be repeated and are painful. Another option is a new machine called Isolaz, which isn't laser therapy. Isolaz treats mild to moderate acne with "photopneumatic" technology. This combines a vacuum system with light therapy. It kills the bacteria-causing acne and is followed by Profusion, an application that enhances the topicals used. Isolaz can also be used to treat uneven skin tone, sun-damaged skin, facial redness, veins, and unwanted hair. You can't do this at home; seek a dermatologist who is using this form of laser therapy.

From The Mind-Beauty Connection: 9 Days to Less Stress, Gorgeous Skin, and a Whole New You by Amy Wechsler.

Continue Learning about Acne Treatment

How should I apply moisturizer if I'm treating my acne?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
The moisturizer is applied over the morning acne regimen, and any makeup can be applied over the moi...
What are treatments for acne?
Treatments for acne can include the following: Topical or oral antibiotics and creams can be use...
Are There Some Home Remedies for Acne?
Are There Some Home Remedies for Acne?
How Can an Adult Treat His or Her Acne?
How Can an Adult Treat His or Her Acne?