What's in a noncomedogenic cleanser?

There is a wide variety of noncomedogenic cleansers available on the market. It means that the product was formulated so as not to clog pores. Often these types of cleansers are marketed as oil-free.

Continue Learning about Acne Treatment

What are the side effects of over-the-counter acne medications?
Any acne medication -- those available over the counter (OTC) or by prescription -- can have sid...
What can I expect when starting a new topical treatment for my acne?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
Depending on the medication used, there can be an adjustment period where the skin adapts to the...
Are there side effects from long-term use of acne medications?
Some people might discover that the medicines that once helped their acne have lost their effectiven...
How do oral antibiotics work to treat acne?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
Oral antibiotics work by reducing the number of Propionibacterium acnes (P. acnes) and Staphylococcu...