What is radiofrequency treatment for acne scars?

If you are considering a cosmetic procedure or treatment, you should consult a dermatologist about which one is right for you. Radiofrequency devices treat acne scars with high-frequency radio waves that heat the tissue deep into the skin. It smoothes out indentations left by acne by tightening skin, increasing the growth of the skin protein collagen, and promoting wound healing. Multiple treatments may be necessary to lessen the appearance of scars.

Seek a physician’s assistance for medical concerns.

Continue Learning about Acne Treatment

Is homeopathy available for acne treatment?
There are homeopathic medications for acne treatment, though there's no substantial evidence that th...
How long should it take for acne treatment to work?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
I see plenty of patients who come in with a list of treatments that they have tried and that hav...
What Can I Do About My Acne?
What Can I Do About My Acne?
How Can an Adult Treat His or Her Acne?
How Can an Adult Treat His or Her Acne?