How long does it take to see results from laser treatments for acne?

Dr. Doris Day, MD
Dermatology
Results from laser/intense pulsed light treatments can occur from 1 day to 1 month after starting treatment, depending on the system used and the severity of acne at the onset of treatment. Most commonly results are seen within 2 to 4 weeks, although it often takes longer for maximal improvement. Also, maintenance treatments are usually needed over time in order to keep the skin clear.
100 Questions & Answers About Acne

100 Questions & Answers About Acne

100 Questions and Answers About Acne provides you with all the information you need to manage your complexion problems. Written by Dr. Doris J. Day, a world-class expert in the field, this clearly...

Continue Learning about Acne Treatment

What is the benefit of seeing a dermatologist for my acne?
Patricia Farris, MDPatricia Farris, MD
There are many effective over the counter remedies for acne. I tell patients to try products with be...
How should I treat acne papules?
Small pink and red bumps are called papules because they are round, raised bumps. Although they have...
How Can I Get My Acne Scars Treated?
How Can I Get My Acne Scars Treated?
How Can an Adult Treat His or Her Acne?
How Can an Adult Treat His or Her Acne?