How long does it take to see results from laser treatments for acne?

Dr. Doris Day, MD
Dermatology
Results from laser/intense pulsed light treatments can occur from 1 day to 1 month after starting treatment, depending on the system used and the severity of acne at the onset of treatment. Most commonly results are seen within 2 to 4 weeks, although it often takes longer for maximal improvement. Also, maintenance treatments are usually needed over time in order to keep the skin clear.
100 Questions & Answers About Acne

100 Questions & Answers About Acne

100 Questions and Answers About Acne provides you with all the information you need to manage your complexion problems. Written by Dr. Doris J. Day, a world-class expert in the field, this clearly...

Continue Learning about Acne Treatment

What is Isolaz?
Dermatologists sometimes use lasers to treat acne, which does work well, but the treatment must be r...
Can more serious forms of acne be treated?
Riverside Health SystemRiverside Health System
Yes. Work with your doctor to find the best treatment for you.Moderate to moderately severe acne. Th...
What Can I Do About My Acne?
What Can I Do About My Acne?
How Can an Adult Treat His or Her Acne?
How Can an Adult Treat His or Her Acne?