How much do people spend each year on acne treatments in the United States?

If acne were not such a problem, we would not be spending more than $100 million a year for various over-the-counter products. The overall cost of health care related to the treatment of acne exceeds $1 billion annually in the United States alone. That’s a lot of money, and a lot of acne.

From The Mind-Beauty Connection: 9 Days to Less Stress, Gorgeous Skin, and a Whole New You by Amy Wechsler.

Continue Learning about Acne Treatment

What can I expect when starting a new topical treatment for my acne?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
Depending on the medication used, there can be an adjustment period where the skin adapts to the...
How should I treat acne nodules and cysts?
Big, painful pimples that are large, hard bumps are called nodules or cysts. They are oil-filled pim...
Why should teenage acne be treated?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
Teens need special attention and counseling in order to maximize the benefits of treatment. Because ...
Do relapses of acne occur after treatment with isotretinoin?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
Recurrence of acne is not uncommon after oral isotretinoin treatment. Some people are successfully r...