How should I treat acne papules?

Small pink and red bumps are called papules because they are round, raised bumps. Although they have become inflamed, they don’t form whiteheads.

To break them up, the best solution here is to see a dermatologist for a retinoid product, which will unclog pores by removing dead skin cells. It also helps dry up excess oils and reduces acne-causing bacteria. You’d start using a retinoid twice a week and gradually increase to every night.

From The Mind-Beauty Connection: 9 Days to Less Stress, Gorgeous Skin, and a Whole New You by Amy Wechsler.

Continue Learning about Acne Treatment

How is neonatal acne treated?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
Controversy exists regarding the true nature of neonatal acne, some arguing that it is not truly...
How can an adult treat his or her acne?
Adult acne is not something you should attempt to solve yourself, particularly by trying to pop, squ...
How Can I Get My Acne Scars Treated?
How Can I Get My Acne Scars Treated?
Are There Some Home Remedies for Acne?
Are There Some Home Remedies for Acne?