How should I apply moisturizer if I'm treating my acne?

Dr. Doris Day, MD
Dermatology
The moisturizer is applied over the morning acne regimen, and any makeup can be applied over the moisturizer, as desired. Step one would be to wash/ exfoliate, step two would be to use a toner, if you are so inclined. Step three is to use the topical medication, followed by the final step of moisturizer with or without of sunscreen depending on the time of day.
100 Questions & Answers About Acne

100 Questions & Answers About Acne

100 Questions and Answers About Acne provides you with all the information you need to manage your complexion problems. Written by Dr. Doris J. Day, a world-class expert in the field, this clearly...

Continue Learning about Acne Treatment

How can I treat acne myself?
There are several over-the-counter topical medications that you can try to treat the acne on you...
How should I treat acne nodules and cysts?
Big, painful pimples that are large, hard bumps are called nodules or cysts. They are oil-filled pim...
What Can I Do About My Acne?
What Can I Do About My Acne?
Are There Some Home Remedies for Acne?
Are There Some Home Remedies for Acne?