Is adult acne treatable?

A pimple at any age is disheartening, and women get them at every age. If you’ve never had to treat a pimple in your life, you’re very lucky. (I certainly wasn’t. I had raging acne as a teen that lasted until I went to college.) Most people, at one point or another, need some on-the-spot treatment. Fortunately, there are solutions for everyone.

From The Mind-Beauty Connection: 9 Days to Less Stress, Gorgeous Skin, and a Whole New You by Amy Wechsler.

Continue Learning about Acne Treatment

how do dermabrasion and microdermabrasion help treat acne ?
Dermabrasion and microdermabrasion are two procedures that are sometimes used to treat acne and acne...
how does the hormone cyproterone acetate work to treat acne ?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
Cyproterone acetate (CA) blocks the androgen receptor. It is combined with an estrogen called ethiny...
what are treatment options for acne scars ?
Depending on the depth and severity of the scarring, there are several treatment options to choose f...
how do newer laser devices differ from earlier models to treat acne ?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
In the past, CO2 lasers were used to heat water within the skin. This would cause destruction of...