Why should I consult a dermatologist for my acne?

Many products are developed to treat and prevent acne. While there are many over-the-counter options available to try, sometimes a more intense regimen is required. A dermatologist will be able to share professional advice and can prescribe stronger medication. There is no one-size-fits-all cure, so you might need to try several options before you find the one that works best for you.

Continue Learning about Acne

Is picking my pimples really bad for my skin?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
There is a name for the type of acne that occurs from constant picking at the lesions. It is cal...
How can tea tree oil be used to treat acne?
YouBeautyYouBeauty
Many swear by the bacteria-fighting, anti-acne action of tea tree oil. If the pure oil irritates you...
Should I talk to my doctor about my severe acne symptoms?
You may be able to treat mild cases of acne at home. But if your acne is painful, inflamed, or oozin...
What is a pimple?
A pimple forms when hair follicles get clogged by oil and fill with pus. Hair grows from a deep foll...