What does non-acnegenic mean?

Non-acnegenic means that a product is formulated to be less likely to cause acne or make it worse. The label refers to products that won't clog your pores and are less likely to cause pimples or acne breakouts. Non-acnegenic products do not contain oils, fragrances, or harsh ingredients that irritate your skin. Non-acnegenic products vary, so choose one that is appropriate for you. Acne is caused by too much oil and dead skin cells clogging your pores. Oil-free, non-acnegenic products can reduce oil buildup on your skin. The less oil on your skin, the less risk you have of developing acne.

Continue Learning about Acne

Avoiding Adult Acne
Avoiding Adult Acne
Won't they ever go away? As an adult, you expect pimples to be a thing of the past. But for many adults, blemishes continue to mar otherwise healthy s...
What role does the sebaceous gland play in acne?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
Acne occurs in areas where there is the highest density of active sebaceous glands. It is usuall...
6 Weird Facts About Acne
6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne
Discover bizarre truths about acne and learn how to fight a bad breakout.
Can I Over-Wash My Face?
Can I Over-Wash My Face?