What should I know about using sunscreen if I have blackheads?

Oil-free sunscreen should be used if you have blackheads or acne. It is important for everyone to use sunscreen to prevent skin damage and sunburns.
Having blackheads is no reason to avoid sunscreen. Applying sunscreen before going outdoors reduces your risk for developing skin cancer. There are many types of sunscreen to choose from. Look for products labeled "noncomedogenic." These sunscreens will neither clog pores nor promote acne. Your sunscreen should have a sun protection factor (SPF) of 30 or higher. Apply sunscreen it to all exposed areas of skin before going outdoors. And talk to your doctor about the best ways to get rid of blackheads.

Continue Learning about Acne

Avoiding Adult Acne
Avoiding Adult Acne
Won't they ever go away? As an adult, you expect pimples to be a thing of the past. But for many adults, blemishes continue to mar otherwise healthy s...
Do teenagers grow out of acne?
Nichole WilsonNichole Wilson
Yes, there is a very good chance that teenagers will outgrow acne. Most acne teens get is called acn...
6 Weird Facts About Acne
6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne
Discover bizarre truths about acne and learn how to fight a bad breakout.
How to Avoid Vitamin and Prescription Drug Interactions