What should I know about using a skin toner with acne?

Unless the skin toner contains an ingredient that helps clear up acne, this product may irritate your skin and worsen your acne. A skin toner is sometimes used to return the skin's pH (acid balance) to normal. Many people use toners when washing their face to help remove make-up or soap residue. If you have acne and want to use a toner, read the product label carefully. Make sure the product is oil free and is noncomedogenic or nonacnegenic, which means it will not cause breakouts.

Continue Learning about Acne

Avoiding Adult Acne
Avoiding Adult Acne
Won't they ever go away? As an adult, you expect pimples to be a thing of the past. But for many adults, blemishes continue to mar otherwise healthy s...
What is a safe way to pop a pimple?
Pimples are formed because the body is trying to push out infections. However, squeezing pimples act...
6 Weird Facts About Acne
6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne
Discover bizarre truths about acne and learn how to fight a bad breakout.
Why Is It Important to Remove My Makeup Before I Go to Sleep?