What is the white stuff in a pimple?

The white material in a pimple is pus, formed by oil called sebum, dead skin cells, and bacteria. Watch the animation to learn more about pimples.

Continue Learning about Acne

Avoiding Adult Acne
Avoiding Adult Acne
Won't they ever go away? As an adult, you expect pimples to be a thing of the past. But for many adults, blemishes continue to mar otherwise healthy s...
How common is acne?
Susan V. Bershad, MDSusan V. Bershad, MD
Acne is the most common skin disorder of teenagers, affecting about 85% of Americans at some time be...
6 Weird Facts About Acne
6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne
Discover bizarre truths about acne and learn how to fight a bad breakout. Weighed down with acne woes? You’re not alone. A whopping 40 to 50 million p...
How Do I Treat Blackheads?
How Do I Treat Blackheads?