What can cause acne at different ages?

One thing I want to get straight is that for all intents and purposes, acne is acne, whether you’re dealing with acne around your period, your pregnancy, your holiday preparations, or your laid-off husband. Sometimes, it helps to get a handle on why acne can surface at particular moments, and how you can best treat it successfully. Bear in mind, however, that the underlying cause of almost all these situations is stress and the reactions that take place in the body as a result, which can be worsened by hormones, genetics, and so on.

From The Mind-Beauty Connection: 9 Days to Less Stress, Gorgeous Skin, and a Whole New You by Amy Wechsler.

Continue Learning about Acne

Avoiding Adult Acne
Avoiding Adult Acne
Won't they ever go away? As an adult, you expect pimples to be a thing of the past. But for many adults, blemishes continue to mar otherwise healthy s...
What is a closed comedo?
A closed comedo is a raised, clogged pore. The plural of comedo is comedones, and they are also ...
6 Weird Facts About Acne
6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne
Discover bizarre truths about acne and learn how to fight a bad breakout.
How Do I Treat Blackheads?
How Do I Treat Blackheads?