What can cause acne at different ages?

One thing I want to get straight is that for all intents and purposes, acne is acne, whether you’re dealing with acne around your period, your pregnancy, your holiday preparations, or your laid-off husband. Sometimes, it helps to get a handle on why acne can surface at particular moments, and how you can best treat it successfully. Bear in mind, however, that the underlying cause of almost all these situations is stress and the reactions that take place in the body as a result, which can be worsened by hormones, genetics, and so on.

From The Mind-Beauty Connection: 9 Days to Less Stress, Gorgeous Skin, and a Whole New You by Amy Wechsler.

Continue Learning about Acne

Can people in their 30s and 40s get acne?
People in their 30s and 40s can get acne, a condition referred to as adult acne. Adult acne may ...
What is the difference between acne and hidradenitis suppurativa?
Hidradenitis suppurativa is a severe form of acne that occurs around the armpits and groin area,...
What role does the sebaceous gland play in acne?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
Acne occurs in areas where there is the highest density of active sebaceous glands. It is usuall...
Why Is It Important to Remove My Makeup Before I Go to Sleep?