How common is acne?

Judy Caplan

Acne is very common. The severity of acne varies from person to person. Some people are born with an acne gene and no matter what they do they will still suffer from it. These individuals often need prescription medications like Accutane, Retin A, or antibiotics to help prevent facial scarring. Others with milder less aggressive cases may be able to control acne with topical medications and diet. Almost all teenagers get some pimples at one time or another. It is unusual to go through your teen years without any breakouts.

Continue Learning about Acne

Can I Over-Wash My Face?
Can I Over-Wash My Face?
Is There a Supplement That Can Help Treat Acne?
How Does Salicylic Acid Treat Acne?
How Does Salicylic Acid Treat Acne?
What's the Best Way to Clean Off Makeup at the End of the Day?