How can acne treatment help me reclaim my self-esteem?

When people with acne experience ongoing breakouts and scarring, they can feel anxious, self-conscious, and even depressed. True, acne is a cosmetic problem that affects your skin. Still, acne can impact your self-esteem or how you feel about yourself. Acne treatment may help you self-manage this skin condition each day. In doing so, you can gain a sense of control about your looks and your life. Acne treatments can reduce oil production, speed up skin cell turnover, and fight bacterial infections. Talk to a dermatologist (a doctor who specializes in treating skin, hair, and nail conditions). Ask about an acne action plan that can help to resolve your skin problems and help you reclaim your self-confidence.

Continue Learning about Acne

Avoiding Adult Acne
Avoiding Adult Acne
Won't they ever go away? As an adult, you expect pimples to be a thing of the past. But for many adults, blemishes continue to mar otherwise healthy s...
What is the most common form of acne?
Gary Goldenberg, MDGary Goldenberg, MD
The most common form of acne is comedonal and inflammatory. In general, acne can be broken down in 4...
6 Weird Facts About Acne
6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne
Discover bizarre truths about acne and learn how to fight a bad breakout.
Can I Over-Wash My Face?
Can I Over-Wash My Face?