Are cysts on my neck a symptom of acne?

A cyst on your neck could be a type of acne. Cysts are like pimples, but they are deeper under the skin and much larger. They are filled with bacteria and other material that have become trapped inside an oil-clogged pore. As the bacteria multiply and immune cells charge in to fight it off, the tissue around the pore becomes red and swollen as it fills with pus. Cysts can get as large as a nickel. If you have many of these larger pimples, you could have cystic acne. Cysts can erupt anywhere on the neck, face, chest, back, and upper arms, and they can leave disfiguring scars. This is considered an advanced form of acne. Consult a dermatologist for more information.

Continue Learning about Acne

6 Weird Facts About Acne
6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne6 Weird Facts About Acne
Discover bizarre truths about acne and learn how to fight a bad breakout. Weighed down with acne woes? You’re not alone. A whopping 40 to 50 million ...
Can I Over-Wash My Face?
Can I Over-Wash My Face?
What's the Best Way to Clean Off Makeup at the End of the Day?
Is There a Supplement That Can Help Treat Acne?