How can I change my diet to help reduce acne?

From an ayurvedic perspective, the health of your skin is directly related to your diet. In fact, one of the reasons that stress can cause sudden and severe acne outbreaks is because of the immediate impact that stress has on your digestive system. To help improve your digestion, follow the general dietary guidelines listed below. Remember, this is a long-term commitment and you have to keep these recommendations in mind for the long haul.
  • Eat warm, soft, cooked foods.
  • Avoid raw vegetables and salads.
  • Drink beverages at room temperature or warm.
  • Avoid cold drinks and frozen desserts (such as ice cream, popsicles, frozen yogurt, etc.).
  • Reduce light, dry, crunchy food.
  • Reduce spicy, sour, fried, and fermented foods.
  • Reduce yogurt, alcohol, coffee, vinegar, tomatoes, onions, garlic, and cheese.

Continue Learning about Acne Prevention

What are some suggestions to control my acne?
Susan EvansSusan Evans
Sometimes acne can be controlled simply by using over-the-counter skin care acne products, but many ...
Do oil-free skin products prevent acne?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
A big and continuing trend toward oil-free everything exists as a way to prevent acne; however, ...
How can I avoid acne breakout?
The best way to avoid an acne breakout is to keep oil from plugging pores. Start by finding a skin c...
What Foods Help Prevent Acne?
What Foods Help Prevent Acne?