What are the side effects of phenphedrine?

Phenphedrine is a weight loss supplement that contains mostly stimulants including caffeine (in the form of Dicaffeine Malate) and therefore anyone with adverse events associated with stimulants should avoid using the product. It also contains one of the 12 ingredients that Med-Watch says to stay away from, including yohimbe, especially if you are taking antidepressant medications. There is a concern that using yohimbe with large amounts of herbs or products that contain caffeine might increase the risk of developing high blood pressure. Caffeine-containing herbs include coffee, cola, guarana, mate, and tea.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss Strategies

Delayed Gratification Can Help You Lose Weight
Delayed Gratification is a magazine dedicated to Slow Journalism—that is, analysis of news events delayed until after the dust has settled. The hope: ...
What is the most sensible approach to weight loss?
Dr. Andrea Pennington, MDDr. Andrea Pennington, MD
The most sensible approach to weight loss is to both decrease caloric intake and increase energy exp...
How can I meet my weight-loss goals during winter?
Brooke RandolphBrooke Randolph
I encourage you to prepare your home to help you meet your weight loss goals throughout the cool...
How to Lose Fat in Your Butt
How to Lose Fat in Your Butt