Why is it so hard to lose fat in my butt?

Genetics dictates where your body burns fat.  For example, you may desire to lose weight in your hips and buttocks, but very often, the place you most want to lose it is the last place it burns. This is known as spot reducing and it doesn’t work. You cannot burn fat in one particular area on your body. While it's true that you can build muscle in different locations of your body such as your legs and buttocks based on what strength-training exercises you do, there's no way to "spot reduce" fat.  Lastly, women tend to carry more fat in their lower body and buttocks to aid in child-bearing.

There are many biological hurdles to losing fat in your butt. Watch this video to find out why it can be extra hard to slim your behind.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss Strategies

5 Tricks to Fight Food Cravings
5 Tricks to Fight Food Cravings
We know weight loss isn't as simple as "eat less and exercise more." (If it were, you wouldn't be reading this, and we wouldn't have written YOU: On a...
How can I spot-reduce that last bit of fat just below my belly?
Neal SpruceNeal Spruce
There is no such thing as spot reducing so no exercise by itself will work for your "pooch." Unfortu...
What should I know about Shakeology by Beachbody?
Shakeology is a meal replacement shake. The Shake is made up of all natural ingredients, and is high...
What Is the Most Effective Way to Lose Weight?