How can I find a weight loss buddy?

Marisa Moore

There are many ways to find a weight loss buddy:

• Start at home. Recruit your spouse or partner to be your accountability partner.
  • Swap a weekly happy hour with your friends for a standing jog in the park with them.
  • Ask a coworker or two to accompany you on a lunchtime walk once a week.
  • Start a healthy eating club at work. All members can take turns bringing healthy lunch options for the group.
  • To find a weight loss buddy who’s not already in your circle, post a flyer at church or in your PTA bulletin or join one of the many Meet Up groups that focus on fitness and health – you’re bound to find someone to click with there.

It can be very easy to find a weight loss buddy. First, ask a friend or family member, or even your spouse or significant other to be a part of the journey. If you are unsuccessful here, approach a co-worker, join an exercise group, or utilize social networking. Often one can find someone with similar goals at a group fitness class at a local gym. If you have children, you could form a walking group with some of the other parents. 

Continue Learning about Weight Loss Strategies

Want to Lose Weight? Take the A Train
Want to Lose Weight? Take the A Train
When Duke Ellington started playing Take the A Train during the 1940s and 50s, around 30 percent of North American adults were overweight. Now the rat...
What should I know before I get Vanquish fat reduction treatments?
Howard D. Sobel, MDHoward D. Sobel, MD
The FDA-approved Vanquish device works well on targeted areas of the body, but it's not recommended ...
Can I lose weight without exercising?
Of course I’d like you to eat a healthy diet and exercise, but a couple of studies suggest that diet...
What Are the Risks of Fat-Burning Supplements That Contain Stimulants?