What muscles are important to train for water skiing?

Important areas to work for water skiing are the core, grip strength, thighs, and back. However, it is important to train all the major muscle groups for wakeboarding as the body works together as a unit, not as individual muscles in isolation. To train the core use exercises like prone iso-abs. To perform the prone-iso abs, or plank, lie on your stomach with the elbows under the shoulders and the forearms on the ground. Lift your body up until you are in a flat back position, hold for 2 seconds, and then return to the ground. Perform 1-2 sets of 15 slow tempo repetitions for this exercise. For grip training, hold a heavy dumbbell for a set amount of time. Start with 30 seconds and increase the time up to 120 seconds for 2-5 sets. Rest for 30-60 seconds between sets. To work the thighs, perform bar squats for 1-3 sets of 12-20 repetitions using a slow tempo and light weights. Rest for 45 seconds between sets. To work the back, perform standing cable rows using the same set, repetition, tempo, weight, and rest protocol as the squats.

Continue Learning about Watersports

What are the benefits of cross-country skiing and rowing?
Jonathan PenneyJonathan Penney
Cross-country skiing is a great form of exercise. The impact is light on your body, plenty of upper ...
What are the disadvantages of cross-country skiing and rowing?
Eric OlsenEric Olsen
An obvious problem with skiing, of course, is that you need snow as well as a certain amount of tech...
How do I improve my flexibility for kayaking?
To improve flexibility for kayaking, begin your flexibility routine by foam rolling for 30 secon...
How do I improve my flexibility for canoeing?
To improve flexibility for canoeing, begin your flexibility routine by foam rolling for 30 secon...