Folic acid and iron supplements have been shown to improve many areas of our health. But their benefits for pregnancy may be the most important. These nutrients may treat pregnancy-related anemia. Iron helps the body make hemoglobin, which carries oxygen in the blood to tissues and organs. Folic acid helps prevent birth defects.
- Q What should I do if I miss a dose of folic acid?
- Q What does folic acid deficiency cause?
- Q What is the difference between vitamin B9 and other B vitamins?
- Q Which foods contain iron and folic acid?
- Q How much folate do I need to stay young?
- Q What should I know before taking vitamin B9?