Folic acid and iron supplements have been shown to improve many areas of our health. But their benefits for pregnancy may be the most important. These nutrients may treat pregnancy-related anemia. Iron helps the body make hemoglobin, which carries oxygen in the blood to tissues and organs. Folic acid helps prevent birth defects.
- Q Why should pregnant women take folic acid?
- Q Does vitamin B9 interact with any drugs, foods or other supplements?
- Q Can folic acid (folate) help with oral health?
- Q What are the symptoms of folate deficiency?
- Q What are the effects of folic acid supplements on memory?
- Q What should I know before taking vitamin B9?