Folic acid and iron supplements have been shown to improve many areas of our health. But their benefits for pregnancy may be the most important. These nutrients may treat pregnancy-related anemia. Iron helps the body make hemoglobin, which carries oxygen in the blood to tissues and organs. Folic acid helps prevent birth defects.
- Q Can I get too much folate or folic acid?
- Q Who should take vitamin B9?
- Q How much folate do I need to stay young?
- Q How do I know if I am vitamin B9 deficient?
- Q What do I do if I miss a dose of ferrous sulfate and folic acid?
- Q What are the health benefits of folate?