Folic acid and iron supplements have been shown to improve many areas of our health. But their benefits for pregnancy may be the most important. These nutrients may treat pregnancy-related anemia. Iron helps the body make hemoglobin, which carries oxygen in the blood to tissues and organs. Folic acid helps prevent birth defects.
- Q Why do I need folic acid as a teen?
- Q Who should take vitamin B9?
- Q Does vitamin B9 interact with any drugs, foods or other supplements?
- Q Can folic acid reduce pulse pressure?
- Q How long does it take for folic acid to start working?
- Q What is the role of folic acid in my body?