question

What is speed training?

National Academy of Sports Medicine
National Academy of Sports Medicine
answer
Speed can be defined as the ability to move the body in one intended direction as fast as possible.  Therefore, speed training is a type of exercise training designed around improving the ability to move the body in one direction as fast as possible.  Usually combined with other types of training, speed training can include sprinting drills and others which involve trying to move from one point to another and in one direction as quickly as possible.  

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise Programs

Do I have to sweat for exercise to count?
Do I have to sweat for exercise to count? The idea that you have to sweat to benefit from exercise i...
Can coordination exercises improve brain function?
Can coordination exercises improve brain function? Coordination exercises activate the cerebellum, w...
What are the different types of exercise?
What are the different types of exercise? Stretching, strengthening exercises and aerobic activities...
Why You Should Exercise Outside and 5 Outdoor Workouts to Try Today in Hawaii
Why You Should Exercise Outside and 5 Outdoor Workouts to Try Today in HawaiiWhy You Should Exercise Outside and 5 Outdoor Workouts to Try Today in HawaiiWhy You Should Exercise Outside and 5 Outdoor Workouts to Try Today in HawaiiWhy You Should Exercise Outside and 5 Outdoor Workouts to Try Today in Hawaii
Hawaii’s year-round sunshine makes it the perfect climate to play in the sun while burning calories. One of the benefits to living in the tropics is ...