What does repetition tempo mean?

Repetition tempo refers to the speed at which each repetition is performed.  Tempo is an extremely important, yet often overlooked, variable within a resistance training program.  Manipulating the tempo of exercise directly affects the amount of time that the muscles are kept under tension.  The total time that the muscles are under tension during exercise determine what response they will have to the training program.  For instance, slow to moderate tempos will help improve stability and endurance, while fast tempos will help to improve muscle power.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise Programs

Squats for Toned Legs
Squats for Toned Legs
If you have time for only one lower-body exercise, squats should be it. They strengthen your quadriceps, hamstrings, and butt, giving you a firm found...
Can coordination exercises improve brain function?
Can coordination exercises improve brain function? Coordination exercises activate the cerebellum, w...
How do I perform backpedaling?
How do I perform backpedaling? Run backward with short, quick steps, pumping your arms and landing o...
Wendy Batts - Static Inside Thigh Stretch